Document Archiving, Data Archiving and SAP® ILM
Optimize SAP® performance
Your SAP database has been growing, normally at an ever increasing rate, since the day you started using SAP applications. Normally only around 20 per cent of this data is current and used regularly. The other 80 per cent is historical data that could be needed for customer service or regulatory compliance.
However, retaining all this rarely accessed data as part of your SAP system impacts performance. Reporting, backups and upgrades all take longer than is really necessary or desirable, and you will likely have spent money on extra storage over the years.
Our solution defines and implements your archiving strategy, removing the excess 80 per cent of data from your SAP system and moving it to a secure content server so your SAP system can be lean and mean once again. The archived data resides on low-cost online storage media and can be accessed directly from your SAP applications, thanks to our SAP-certified integration. You can rest in comfort that data is immediately available online whenever you need it for customer service, legal discovery and audit.
The archiving process immediately releases database capacity, leading to a significant reduction in storage requirements while optimizing system performance.
Increasing Process Efficiency with Document Archiving
SAP-generated documents can be moved into the archive to release additional database space. An exact replica of the original document is stored, to fulfill audit and compliance requirements. Archiving also provides a convenient way of accessing documents such as printlists once they have been removed from the SAP spool and avoids the performance impact of regenerating documents on the live system.
Similary, scanned paper documents such as supplier invoices and work permits can be archived and integrated with SAP business workflow to increase the efficiency of your key business processes.
Future Proofing with SAP Netweaver Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
For organizations seeking additional control over archived information, including the management of detailed retention policies and compliant destruction of data and documents at end of life, Macro 4's archiving solutions support SAP Netweaver ILM.
To address the issue of rising business litigation, ILM also provides automated e-discovery and legal hold functionality to help you identify and protect information required as part of legal case management.
As Macro 4's expertise and SAP software certifications cover both archiving using the ArchiveLink interface and SAP Netweaver ILM, you can future proof your archiving strategy and transition seamlessly from 'traditional' archiving to ILM archiving at any time.
In summary, the benefits of implementing an archiving strategy for SAP systems are:
Faster SAP upgrades, with less risk
More efficient business processes due to improved system performance
Shorter response times for interactive users and faster batch processes
Shorter backup times and reduced data vulnerability
Easier, more cost-effective database administration
Reduced hardware requirements and fewer upgrades
Minimal online data storage costs
Try our free Database Health Check for SAP customers to help you assess how archiving could benefit your organization.
Download our Solutions for SAP® brochure.