Your personal data
Privacy Notice for customers, prospects, partners and suppliers
Macro 4 cares about your privacy
Macro 4 Limited (a division of UNICOM® Global) and it's International subsidiary and branches (referred to herein as Macro 4) are committed to protecting the personal information that you provide to Macro 4, in adherence to Data Protection Legislation (defined below) and best business practice.
This Privacy Notice describes Macro 4’s practices in relation to the use of its websites, web portals and FTP servers (“Websites”) and the related products, applications and services offered by Macro 4. This Privacy Notice sets out how Macro 4 uses and protects any personal data that you provide to Macro 4, including personal data provided through its Websites.
Macro 4 provides software products and services to its customers and as a result may collect and process personal data about individuals (“Services”).
Macro 4 maintains the same practices with data that is collected off-line and this notice may be relied upon with respect to those methods of data collection and use.
Macro 4 may modify or update its Privacy Notice at any time without prior notice. You can check the “Last updated” date above to see when the notice was last changed.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding your personal data and how Macro 4 may use it, including any queries relating to this Privacy Notice, please complete the online form at the bottom of this page, or write to the “Privacy and Risk Management Committee” at Macro 4 Limited, The Orangery, Turners Hill Road, Worth, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 4SS, United Kingdom or call +44 1293 872000 and ask to speak with a member of our Privacy team.
It is important that the personal data Macro 4 holds about you is accurate and current. Please keep Macro 4 informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with Macro 4.
Macro 4’s data protection and privacy measures are governed by the (i) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation").
For the purpose of Data Protection Legislation:
- where personal data is provided directly to Macro 4 through use of its Websites, email, or other means where Macro 4 is determining the way in which that personal data is processed, then Macro 4 will be a data controller of such information; and
- where Macro 4 is provided personal data in its capacity of providing Services to its customers, then Macro 4 will only process that personal data in accordance with the instructions of its customers and Macro 4 will therefore act as a data processor in respect of such personal data; Macro 4’s customer will be the data controller of that personal data for that purpose.
Information we collect
Personal data means any data or information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Macro 4 will only collect basic personal data about you, such as your name, email address, business type, work address, job title (“identity data”) and any product/solution interests that you have shared (“preferences data”) and information relating to your use of Macro 4 Websites (“usage data”). Unless otherwise agreed with you, this information will not include any special categories of personal information (often known as “sensitive personal data”).
Macro 4 uses different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give Macro 4 your contact information by filling in forms or by corresponding with Macro 4 by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when Macro 4 provides its Services; or
- Third parties or publicly available sources. Macro 4 may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as:
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services including third party debt agencies; and
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House
If you fail to provide personal data
Where Macro 4 needs to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract Macro 4 has with you (or our customer whom Macro 4 acts for) and you fail to provide that data when requested, Macro 4 may not be able to perform the contract it has or is trying to enter. In this case, Macro 4 may have to cancel the Services but it will notify you (or where appropriate, its customer) if this is the case at the time.
How we use information that we collect
Macro 4 will only use your personal data when the law allows it to, i.e. if Macro 4 has a legal basis for doing so, as outlined in this Privacy Notice or as notified to you at the time in which Macro 4 collects your personal data, and for the purposes for which it was collected for, unless Macro 4 reasonably considers that it needs to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If Macro 4 needs to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, Macro 4 will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows it to do this. Please note that Macro 4 may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
Macro 4 will use your personal data to carry out its contractual obligations and, in addition, to keep you up-to-date with its products and services that you have expressed an interest in. Where Macro 4 act as the data controller for customer contact information, it has set out below in the table a description of all the ways it plans to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases Macro 4 relies on to do so. Macro 4 has also identified what its legitimate interests are, where appropriate.
Note that Macro 4 may process your personal data for more than one lawful grounds depending on the specific purpose for which Macro 4 is using your data. Please contact Macro 4 if you need details about the specific legal ground that it is relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
||Type of data
||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|To register you or the company that you are connected to as a new customer and verify your identity (where required)
||Identity / contact data
||Performance of a contract Consent (for use of special categories of data, if applicable)
|To perform credit checks
||Identity / contact data
|To process and deliver the Services including:
(a) Manage accounts, payments, fees and charges
(b) Contacting you and corresponding about the Services
|Identity / contact data
||Performance of a contract
Necessary for Macro 4’s legitimate interests (to recover debts due to Macro 4)
|To respond to queries and enquiries
||Identity / contact data
|To undertake marketing to you
||Identity / contact / preferences data
Where Macro 4 acts as a data processor of personal data on behalf of its customers, in accordance with Macro 4’s customers’ instructions or in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How your personal data may be shared
Where Macro 4 acts as the data controller for customer contact information, or where permitted by Macro 4’s data controller customers, personal data processed by Macro 4 may be shared as follows:
- With any member of the Macro 4 group of companies (as detailed above); With permitted third party contractors of Macro 4 for the purposes of performing its Services;
- Where Macro 4 is under a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply Macro 4’s terms and conditions and other agreements;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Macro 4, Macro 4’s customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and for compliance with laws; and
- With third parties to whom Macro 4 may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of its business or its assets. Alternatively, Macro 4 may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to Macro 4’s business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Macro 4 requires all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Macro 4 does not allow its third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with Macro 4’s instructions.
Macro 4 will not share your information for marketing purposes with third party companies outside of its group of companies.
You can choose to unsubscribe from Macro 4 marketing communications at any time using the unsubscribe option on any electronic communication sent from Macro 4. You may continue to receive further communications where a contractual or legitimate interest exists.
Macro 4 may use third party companies when processing your personal information. If you would like to find out which third party processors are used by Macro 4, please contact Macro 4 as outlined above.
How long we keep your information for
Where Macro 4 acts as a data controller, it will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose in which it was provided, unless required by law, or for other legitimate reasons that need it to be retained for longer (for example, if necessary for any legal proceedings). Where Macro 4 acts as a data processor on behalf of its customers, Macro 4 will only hold on to personal data for the period notified to Macro 4 by the data controller customer, or for the period required for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, regulatory or reporting requirements.
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights in certain circumstances:
- The right to be informed – this is information on Macro 4’s collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access – you have the right to be provided with copies of the personal data of you that Macro 4 is processing as well as confirmation of the processing Macro 4 is doing. You can do this by sending a “subject access request” to the contact details noted above for Macro 4’s consideration.
- The right to rectification – if you think the personal data that Macro 4 holds on you is wrong, you can inform Macro 4 and Macro 4 will fix it.
- The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten) – if you want Macro 4 to permanently delete the personal data it holds about you then you can ask Macro 4 to do so.
- The right to restrict processing – if you do not like how Macro 4 is using your personal data then you can let Macro 4 know and Macro 4 will stop processing it in that way.
- The right to data portability – if you want Macro 4 to pass on your personal data to someone else then please let Macro 4 know. This transfer should not affect the integrity or otherwise damage your personal data.
- The right to withdraw your consent – you can withdraw your consent for Macro 4 to process your personal data (if Macro 4 has relied on your consent to process your personal data) at any time by contacting Macro 4. If Macro 4 has relied only on your consent as the basis to process your personal data then Macro 4 will stop processing your personal data at the point you withdraw your consent. Please note that if Macro 4 can also rely on other bases to process your personal data aside from consent then Macro 4 may do so even if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – if Macro 4 use either automated decision making or profiling then you have a right to know. Also, Macro 4 needs your consent if either of these are used to make a decision that affects you. As with all consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
To exercise any of the above rights please complete the online form at the bottom of this page.
Where you exercise your right to erasure or where information is deleted in accordance with Macro 4’s retention policy, please note that after the deletion of your personal data, it cannot be recovered, so if you require a copy of this personal data, please request this during the period Macro 4 retains the data.
Where you exercise your right to request access to the information Macro 4 processes about you, you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, Macro 4 may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
Alternatively, Macro 4 may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Macro 4 will try to respond to all legitimate access requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, Macro 4 will notify you and keep you updated.
Macro 4 Websites are not intended for children and Macro 4 will not knowingly collect any personal data from persons under the age of 18 and will immediately delete any such data subsequently so determined.
How to raise a concern about the use of your personal information
If you have concerns about how Macro 4 has handled your personal data, including in relation to any of the rights contained herein, please complete the online form at the bottom of this page outlining the concerns that you have.
You may also make a complaint to the ICO (the UK supervisory authority). You can find further information about the ICO and their complaints procedure at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Macro 4 Websites may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This information is collected for internal security and system administration purposes. This information may also be used to trace the computer used in cases of misuse or unlawful actions in connection with visits to or use of Macro 4’s Websites.