Enterprise printing continues to play a key role in many important business processes such as producing warehouse pick lists and delivery notes for supply chain management and ensuring timely output of printed invoicing documents. Macro 4's Columbus OM keeps business-critical printing running smoothly alongside digital delivery. By protecting against print delays or failures it helps companies avoid service interruptions and lost revenue.
Now a new graphical dashboard has been added to Columbus OM to give administrators a 'birds eye' view of all enterprise output, allowing them to identify and resolve potential print problems faster. Users can view the real-time status of all active jobs, color coded to highlight any that require immediate attention. They can drill down to access further information to help them rapidly diagnose the source of individual print problems. They can also easily run reports to identify printing usage patterns to support capacity planning, service level management, infrastructure, optimization and more.
Watch the demo
There are a wide-range of features, you can:
- Manage enterprise print output from any browser
- Get an immediate at-a-glance overview of the current status of the printing infrastructure with traffic light color coding (printing problems are shown in red)
- See the number of pending jobs that have built up due to print problems
- Drill down to take a closer look at the queue of individual jobs
- Identify any printers that require attention
- Click to learn more about individual problems, for example, a printer that is low on ink
- Redirect a job to a different printer in seconds
- Save time and effort by automating printing processes, for example, you can automatically direct print jobs to a failover server
- Apply bulk changes such as editing multiple devices in one go, for example, selected printers can be set up to make 10 attempts to print each job
- Apply changes immediately or schedule them for later
- Use Columbus Accounting business intelligence to analyze long-term printing trends, for example, you can run reports such as print volumes on different printers over the course of a month
- Automate printing processes, accelerate problem diagnosis and prevent costly downtime
Columbus OM is an enterprise output management system, designed to deliver documents reliably and securely from any application, on any technology platform, to any networked printer. All print jobs and printers throughout an organization can be monitored and managed centrally from a single point of control. You can detect and correct problems quickly and maintain high levels of service for customers and business users alike. Additionally you can switch from printing to multi-channel delivery by transforming your existing print spool output into the right format for digital channels such as email and online self-service.
For more information on Columbus OM or how to get the most from its latest features click here.