Columbus Z now has an enhanced web-based graphical user interface which simplifies the task of monitoring and controlling mainframe print and output management, so it's easier to use - whether you're a non-mainframer or a developer with decades of experience. This new flexibility means you can select different functionality depending on your needs and skill level. The terminology is also intentionally jargon-free, so there's no need to be a zSystems expert to manage the workload.
Its design is intuitive and menu-driven so if you're new to the mainframe, you can create simplified views focused on basic functions such as viewing, printing or cancelling print jobs; whereas if you're a more advanced user, you can add in additional detail that you might still need. All the capabilities of the 3270 interface are still there, so more experienced users can access them as required. And because it's accessed via a web-browser, you can use it from anywhere: making it more flexible for working from home or if you're on the move with a smartphone or tablet, as an alternative to using a desk-based PC.
Watch the demo
Why not take a look at its key features. You can:
- Access and log in to Columbus Z anywhere with no zSystems expertise required
- Work on the move using your tablet or phone
- View and manage print jobs from any browser using point-and-click commands
- Check the printer status easily and view all instances in one place
- View and navigate the job log
- Rearrange or simplify the workspace to suit your working style
- Remove information if you're new to the mainframe or add in more detail if you have more experience
- Access help information for each screen, which is always just a click away
Simple, efficient mainframe output management with lower costs and reduced business risk
Columbus Z is a mainframe output management solution that captures and delivers output across a multi-platform environment including z/OS, z/VM, z/Linux, UNIX, IBM i and Windows systems. It's designed to help enterprises maximize the return on their existing investment in networked printers and application servers, lowering costs and improving efficiency - providing output managed from a single point of control. Documents can be delivered and printed wherever they are needed, regardless of platform, and problems can be resolved faster, before they impact on business operations.
For more information about Columbus Z or how to get the most from its latest features, click here.